Thursday, September 5, 2013

Who wants to give me a foot massage when I get home?

My feet officially hate me. Now that I've done all the major things I've wanted to do, there was a lot of wandering. I decided to check out the Regents Park area and what a beautiful park. Walking around there were kids learning to play what believd was rugby and a dad with his young son running around. Just about the cutest thing. Since I was close by I walked down Baker street to see the home of Sherlock Holmes...being a huge fan of Sherlock I was disappointed to see it wasn't the same flat as the one in the show, but that was bound to happen right? After that was Abbey Road. The neighborhood that it was located in was so nice and cute, as was the whole Regents park area....obviously thats where the wealthy live. The London Zoo was close by so I went to check that out. Pretty expensive for a zoo but it was nice and had a lot of good animals. By at time my feet were killing me so walking around Camden was not gonna happen. I went to a part of Regents Park right near the zoo that had a lot of people hanging out. Well me just sitting and chilling in the shade turned into an awesome nap. It was so beautiful out, especially under the trees, and relaxing with all the park noises that I just fell asleep. I took a quick walk through Camden just to get to the bus to take to Trafalgar Square. I wanted to get a bit to eat before my show and went to this Italian tapas place. It was good but who ever heard of chicken parm without sauce or melted mozzarella? The fried zucchini sticks were awesome as was the tiramisu....that was probably the best I ever had. I went to pick up my ticket for Phantom of the Opera and apparently I bought a ticket for the matinĂ©e, not the evening show.....seriously!?! Ugh, I probably wont get a refund but I'll look into it in the states. I bought another ticket as I really wanted to see the show. Despite it bring a restricted view seat, I probably got a better seat than my previous one which looks so set back on the upper balcony that I have no idea how they can see the stage. The theater is magnificent...such elaborate detail! Despite the seats it really wasn't too bad if a view and I could still appreciate the awesomeness that was Phantom. Its amazing hiw strict they are in the theater though, couldn't eventake pictures if the theater eveh during intermission....and they were really on top of it with people on their phonesl though everyone had mych better etiquette than in the states.  Such a phenomenal show: the sets a costumes were beautiful and the singing! Incredible!  The Phantom had the most powerful voice I've ever heard and just gave me constant chills. So glad I finally got to see that show! As I was walking to the bus across Trafalgar Square I noticed the view looking at at Big Ben all lit up snd I just had to take a seat on the steps...its just so beautiful here and I'm going to be really sad to go. But no tears! I still gave 2 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment