Thursday, September 5, 2013

This food is profound!

Today I went to Westminster to actually go inside, and oh my goodness wasbit incredible. I absolutely love Gothic architecture so this is one of the things ive been dying to see. Once again no pictures were allowed so once again I snuck some. Im sorry, that church is just to beautiful to not have my own images of. Those vaulted ceilings are my favorite part of any old church and as amazing as the main one was the chapel in the back was what really amazed me. Its intricate fan vaulting is just mind blowing....for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, just wait for the pictures. Attached to the abbey is the Cloisters and if I'm correct its what was inspired for the Harry Potter courtyard (correct Michelle? ). Pretty cool. After that I went for tea time at The Crypt in the Field next to the National Gallery. Well, I mesed up that timing so it was just lunch with a pot of tea instead....gonna try again Thursday or Friday. I assume it used to be a crypt as it was under ground and the brick vaults and stone cokumns looked very old. I did dome serious wandering next while waiting for my 4:00 Eye ride. I went through Soho, Covent Gardens back down towards Trafalgar Square and across the river to the Eye. Very cool views on the Eye, but it was so sunny and bright and the sun was on the wrong side, so the pictures kind of suck. Some more wandering up to Covent Gardens followed as to finish up my souvenirs shopping. My legs have never been so sore in my life!

I picked up some Indian food on the way home to eat at the hostel....very delicious tikka masala. We decided to take it slow and hang out there for the night. Apparently it's the Jewish new year so I joined my Israeli friends in their traditional apples and honey to celebrate. They sang some traditional songs while one guy played the guitar....I swear its been so interesting to experience and learn from people from around the globe. We had a sing along with the guitar to songs that we all know. It seems that Israel has been extremely influenced by American culture so most of the music they listen to is ours. Tomorrow is going to be yet another busy day so its that time...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment