Monday, September 2, 2013

"Where are you from in England? Your accent sounds a little muttled."

So right after my last post I started talking to the girl and her boyfriend who were sitting next to me at the show. It was nice to jam out to The Beatles with someone....such a good show too, i highly recommend it...unless you dont care too much for the Beatles, then youd be quite bored like a some audience membersdas seen on the screen caught by a camera. For some reason a lot of Brits, including my new friend,    are surprised to hear of someone travelling by themselves. Most of the girls in my hostel are so its not a rare thing. Speaking of which the girls in my room are so awkward....they mostly all Asian and even though they talk to each other, they're awkwardly quiet around me. And just awkward in general....whats with me and weird Asians??? Anyway back to what I was saying before....the girl immediately invited me to take a train one evening down to where she lives on the coast to show me around...so cool! This is exactly what I wanted from this trip; to meet some locals and see another side of the country.  When I got back myself and 2 other people went out to a pub on Chelsea. It was a cool little place....except for the fact that it closed at 12 so people were leaving early and it was just empty. C'mon England,  aren't you supposed to be alcoholics? I guess drinking at 11 am all the time like its no big deal means you stop early....thats a load of bollucks!! I will say ive certainly noticed myself thinking with British words....theres a couple of times I almost felt some words with a British accent come out but esshh! That could be bad.  Anyways back from another tangent...that particular area of chelsea was pretty dead so it took forever to find a cab home. For those of you who have seen Sherlock, our first cabbie looked abd spoke EXACTLY like the serial killer cabbie. However this one was hilarious and made for a good first London cab experience.

This morning was bright and early to go on my tour to see Buckingham Palace....all I can say is absolultely incredible and that doesnt even begin to describe it.....apparently they only open it during the summer and this year is the 60th anniversary of the qeen so there was an integrated exhibit in the palace.  i felt so emotional and feeling the need to cry while I was there, it was that beautiful and amazing. Im sure being a designer doesnt help my great appreciation for the design and architecture.  Just imagining all the history,  tradition, and all the work involved is so overwhelming.  I was never one to go crazy about the royals, with the wedding and baby d everythingl but after this trip and being to the palace that might change....or at least my appreciation. As a bit of a history buff and having the admiration of the hundreds of year old traditions that they still keep, I just cant help but being fascinated.
I also decided to check out the climbing gym today just to get a feel of a local activity.....on the way I checked out Kings Cross....very cool station but, uh, platefrom 9 3/4 is NOT located between platforms 9 and 10....sheesh! So the neighborhood the gym was in was definitely a suburb...and while it wasnt completely dodgy it surely wasnt like anywhere else I've been here. So the gym was called The Castle,  and guess what,  it looked like a castle! I just wish the routes and walls were as cool as the exterior. The top roping was cool looking but I was not a fan of the bouldering. Bit of a disappointment. On the way home I stopped a a pub to grab  quick drink...its interesting, they offer small and large beers here. Just taking a quiet rest of the night hanging out at the common area of the hostel....tomorrow is the Tower of London,  Tower Bridge,  and st. Pauls.....which I plan on climbing to the top of. :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment